Season's Greetings with Winter Owl

Hello and happy Wednesday!

I promised myself this year that I would take out some of the older stamps in my stash so I could revive and get the most use out of them. I hate to think that some of the cutest stamps stay hidden away, never to see the front of a card again! This week I chose the Lawn Fawn Winter Owl.


I started out with an A6 card base of Bristol Smooth card, treating it with a powder tool before stamping the Lawn Fawn Winter Owl repeatedly in some Versamark Ink until the panel was covered. I then sprinkled on some gold embossing powder and heat set.


I took out my Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Markers in festive shades of green, red and brown, colouring in the owls and pulling out the colour with my water brush. I used two markers for each colour to give some depth to the colouring.


For the greeting, I used a sentiment from the MFT Snow Globe Sentiments set, white heat embossing onto some kraft card stock and trimming the edge into a banner. I needed some matching card strips to mount the sentiment so I coloured some scraps with the red and green markers, adhering these to the panel beneath the foam mounted sentiment strip.

A bright and festive card that revived one of my older-but-never-forgotten sets! Check out this month's DT inspiration post for the Monthly Challenge to see an alternative colour combination using metallics.

Thanks for reading!

Tallie

   

Subscribe to receive free email updates: