Cheerful and Tropical

Hello, Jenny here and  today's card has a tropical feel to it.

I have gone back to a favourite technique for this card... Masking. I don't have the dies to match this Blissful Blooms stamp set from MFT so I went about masking the different shaped leaves to make a tropical frame for the Toucan...


After planning the layout of the leaves on scrap paper I used masks made from post it notes and stamped out the final design on a panel of card. I then cut around the inside of the leafy aperture with a craft knife so the toucan could peek through. The flowers are stamped and cut out separately so I could add them with foam dimensionals.


Mr Toucan is from a Reverse Confetti set called Toucan of Friendship .... I thought he was a perfect match in style to the whimsical leaves and flowers, I also matched my Copic colouring to that whimsy style too :)  

 

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

Subscribe to receive free email updates: