Ready, Set, Snowboard!

Hello, Tallie here. I won't get to visit the slopes this year so here's a frosty themed birthday card featuring the MFT Ready, Set, Snow stamp set. This one is for my brother, who unlike me, will shortly be visiting the snowy slopes!



I started with the background for this card, blending on some Distress Inks in Broken China, Peacock Feathers and Faded Jeans. To add many layers of snow, I used a combination of white paint and a toothbrush, and a white gel pen. This one turned out looking more like a night sky, so maybe this bear is going for a night board? :)


On another panel, I stamped out the bear, the snow puff and a couple of the trees with some MFT Extreme Black Ink. I used some Post-It Notes to mask the smaller tree so I could stamp the larger tree behind and a black pen to add some of the extra lines. I then coloured these in with my alcohol markers, sticking to warm greys for the bear and blue-greens for the snow.



I fussy cut around the bear, trees and the slope so I could mount the scene on some foam tape and add some dimension. I stamped out the 'HAPPY BRRRTHDAY' sentiment from the Ready, Set, Snow set onto the panel before I mounted it to the card base background.


A few last little touches with a white get pen to add some details to the scarf and board, and some Glossy Accents for the goggles finishes it off.

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie


Subscribe to receive free email updates: