Feeding the Birds at Oxford Island, Co. Armagh, N. Ireland


Hello 😊
If anyone fancies a little virtual trip around Oxford Island, you can see my video here

Oxford Island isn't an island at all, but is a 282acre National Nature Reserve on the southern shores of Lough Neagh at Lurgan, Co. Armagh. I took some peanuts, sunflower seeds and dried mealworms for the robins and blue tits etc and gave the ducks some sunflower seeds. If you know the area you'll recognise that I have just captured my route from Kinnego Marina to the car park opposite the path to Kinnego Hide, then on to the Discovery Centre and down the path from the play park to the edge of the lough and back. There are so many different paths! It was bright and sunny when we left home but when I was walking round the lough it was very cold and windy. I don't usually eat a fry for lunch but it was just the day for it! Back home to a great big bowl of homemade chicken and vegetable soup and a beautiful sunset :)


I've added a few photos below but you'll be able to enjoy a walk around the area seeing lots of birds and some squirrels.


You'll even get to enjoy an Ulster Fry!



Subscribe to receive free email updates: